[TW fatphobia, weight loss, ED]
Oh boy! Here we go…
…is not meant to offend anyone, it’s meant to inspire people who want a new body but need that extra push.
But if you’re happy with being fat, then the post shouldn’t offend you at all.
I AM happy with my body, but I am still offended that there is a TWENTY BILLION dollar weight loss industry that is continuously telling people they aren’t good enough. Sometimes I think it’s a fucking miracle that I found fat acceptance/body positivity at all because the dominant voice in our media is ALWAYS telling me that I’m not good enough, at every possible moment. Can I NOT call that out when I see it?
Think about it like this…let’s say you have a really pretty dress that you love. Every time you wear it, you feel amazing and beautiful but then someone tells you that dress is ugly and disgusting. Sometimes you say, “Whatever, I don’t caaaare” and flounce off in your dress fabulously. Other times, if fucking pisses you off and you want to punch them, but it doesn’t change the fact that you love that dress.
That’s me and the weight loss industry. I work hard to love and accept myself. Sometimes I drown out the fatphobia by surrounding myself with awesome fat acceptance blogs, fatshion, etc.
And sometimes I want to write a blog post calling that bullshit out.
Plus, you know what? I’m offended for all the fat girls who haven’t ever heard that they can love and/or appreciate their bodies just as they are…the ones who think that life starts 20, 40, 80 pounds from now. The ones who are starving themselves. The ones who are so ashamed that they won’t eat in public. The ones that hear from people everyday (often those who claim to love them!) that if they just worked harder they’d stop being so ugly/disgusting and finally be happy. They’re the ones that I’m worried about consuming this media.
Because I used to be that and I know how it feels.
Is it wrong to try to push people who may need or want that extra push to change their lives?
Seriously? Yes, it is wrong to push people. Making deeply personal changes (like changing your body) should be an INTERNAL decision arrived at freely and not through coercion or a “push.” It should be for YOU not because someone is nagging you. Not because the media made you feel like shit.
And what do you mean by “need?” Who “needs” this type of change? Have you perhaps drank from the Kool-aid of thin=healthy? You have got some serious learning to do.
Your overreaction kinda shows your own insecurities.
Nah…I’m not the one with insecurities here. I simply called out an ad that was sexist, heteronormative and fat shaming because I don’t believe in those things. You’re the one who came here and needed to imply things about me to feel better about yourself. I have never in all of my feminist, fat accepting life said that people can’t make the deeply personal choice to change their bodies.
I HAVE said that our toxic fatphobic culture which promotes weight loss above all else and shames and bullies fat people is a problem. So there’s that.
Honestly, I think that people like you are so deeply invested in the artificially created hierarchy of body types (thin>fat) that you find me and other counter culture fat acceptance people threatening. Do you not get that I’m the minority!? If my opinion offends you and you want to consume media that affirms thinness above all, just go read anything else.
- themiracleoncausewaystreet reblogged this from facebooksexism
- ehaydon likes this
- mareepcuddles likes this
- whereforeartthouwolves likes this
- so-absurd-so-obscene likes this
- sarah-g reblogged this from facebooksexism
- andrealaleyenda likes this
- ducksndragons reblogged this from facebooksexism
- ducksndragons likes this
- papaparakeet likes this
- enterpriserising likes this
- bisexualfandom likes this
- regalbones likes this
- deegemonster likes this
- bronzepriestess likes this
- jaegertechnology reblogged this from stewieismyhomeboy
- does-that-matter likes this
- helvetica-sans reblogged this from quillkind
- sloppyrectum likes this
- nibblenibbleyeah likes this
- ashley-thehuman likes this
- stewieismyhomeboy reblogged this from facebooksexism
- putrid-kitten likes this
- bigfatuglybugfacebbyeatinobrien likes this
- thesavagegirlwonder likes this
- meowgnificent reblogged this from facebooksexism and added:
- betterwithdragonsandchacha likes this
- fluffyrabbitofdoom likes this
- ourheartswerelittlestones likes this
- dansunlivre likes this
- deegemonster reblogged this from facebooksexism
- catswithdiabetes reblogged this from facebooksexism and added:
- shulamithbond likes this
- shulamithbond reblogged this from facebooksexism
- abrightersky reblogged this from facebooksexism
- raiponce reblogged this from droolylilprincess
- derlingunicorn likes this
- realizing-emotion likes this
- niastrawberryrush likes this
- captainvar likes this
- killamorgan likes this
- quasiquirky said: Oh my god, you are so awesome.
- iradescent reblogged this from facebooksexism and added:
- quasiquirky likes this
- sammie-darko reblogged this from facebooksexism
- anotherinscrutablehouse likes this
- actual-bouncer-finas reblogged this from facebooksexism
- actual-bouncer-finas likes this
- droolylilprincess reblogged this from facebooksexism
- immerseme likes this