Do you see this? In case you can’t here it is typed, and again STRONG trigger warning:
“That’s how you fucking treat women, you rape them. All men should be allowed to rape women, that’s how women need to be treated. Show women who who [sic] is the master and who they belong to. Raping women is the best thing in the world, because you make them cry and scream. Legalize rape!”
I found this while perusing the “sexism” tags. I have no idea where it is from. I assume someone else found it on a forum and screen capped/shared it. I didn’t reblog the original because the commentary wasn’t 100% in line with what I want to say.
If you didn’t already understand how deep our rape culture is…read. that. again. And read it again. We live in a rape culture—a society in which rape is normalized and even affirmed.
Now I know the impulse is to say “That’s just some kid fucking around on the internet making a joke, he doesn’t really mean it.” To that I say NO. Maybe the person who wrote this does have a horrifically twisted sense of humor and isn’t a rapist, but the fact stands that 1) even making a “joke” like this is 100% reflective of our how deep our rape culture runs and 2) there are people who really believe this stuff. When 1 in 6 women (a conservative figure) in the United States have been raped, I have no option but to treat shit like this as dead fucking serious.
For more reading on rape culture, check out Shakesville’s 101 entry on it.
- the-cat-with-hands reblogged this from facebooksexism
- muffinw likes this
- yellow-dress reblogged this from facebooksexism
- somnolentsapphist reblogged this from garlic-breadgasm
- garlic-breadgasm reblogged this from sadwich
- midgeot reblogged this from sadwich
- hpgal3 likes this
- -liveitout reblogged this from facebooksexism
- thatgirlwhohugstrees reblogged this from sadwich and added:
- sadwich reblogged this from facebooksexism
- facebooksexism posted this